FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
- Would you like to book the car?
- Would you like to modify or cancel your booking?
Write to email@example.com to cancel or modify your booking.
- What kinds of documents should I have to rent a car?
Valid driving license (it should be written “driving license” or “permis de conduire”), identity card or passport, credit card (we do not accept American express and Diners) and voucher.
- Do you require a deposit to rent a car?
Yes, the deposit for small group (A-M-R-B-C-T) is 1390€, for the big group (N-D-L-E-O-F-I-P-V) is 2000€. It is possible to reduce the deposit amount in case you purchase the insurance at the desk.
- What types of insurance can I purchase at the desk?
There are two macro groups of insurance that can be purchased at the time of rental at the counter. These two groups are divided as follows:
The rates of extra coverage vary depending on the duration of the rental. Customers are advised to have the right option suggested directly at the desk during the rental. N.B. In the regions of Campania, Puglia and Sicily the elimination of the theft deductible IS NOT APPLICABLE and, the same, undergoes a variation of 30% more than the standard deductible. The customer is not guaranteed for damage caused to electromechanical parts, roof, interior, underbody, chassis, vehicle wheels, windows, tarpaulin or bending and collisions without counterpart. The security deposits including the covers are the following:
On all groups (if coverage is feasible) Super Freedom, Freedom, Limited, Easy : € 250,00 + extra.
On groups A-B-C-D-M-R-T both without cover and with covers One, One plus, Basic : € 500,00 + extra
On groups E-F-I-L-N-O-S both without cover and with covers One, One plus, Basic : € 700,00 + extra
On groups G-V without cover : € 1000,00 + extra
On groups G-V with cover One, One plus, Basic : € 700,00 + extra
On groups H without cover : € 1500,00 + extra
On groups H with cover Limited, One, One plus, Basic : € 700,00 + extra
On groups J-Y without cover : € 2500,00 + extra
On groups J-Y with cover Limited, One, One plus, Basic : € 700,00 + extra
N.B. The Customer is not guaranteed by the coverage against the damage caused in any way to: electromechanical parts, roof, internal parts, underbody, frame, wheels, windshield, tarpaulin or hoop, and collisions without a counterparty.
- What should I do in case of an accident?
1) Inform the Lessor without any delay about the accident
2) Fill in all parts the CAI (the report should be signed by both parts) and bring it within 24 hours to the Lessor’s nearest location.
3) Inform the nearest authorities about the accident.
4) Take names, addresses and number plate of every cars involved into the accident and personal details of possible witnesses.
5) Provide the Lessor with updated information.
6) Follow the instructions that the Lessor will provide you about the car care
- What should I do in case of the theft?
The client is obliged to report about the issue to the appropriate Public Safety Authorities and to deliver to the Lessor certified copy of the report. Together with the report, the client is obliged to return the car key as well as the car remote control if the car was equipped.
- Did you get the fine?
In case the Lessor will receive any violation related to the customer’s rental period, the Lessor will charge the amount of Eur 50+vat as fine handling expenses for each administrative fine for violation to the road code and 30€ for each missed toll violation.
- Got the damage charge?
The Client is obliged to ask for signature of Lessor on damage rental check-in. Without the above mentioned sign, Lessor determinations will be valid and tacitly accepted.
In case of missed signature and also in cases of out of working hours’ time drop off, the documentation of Autovia will be tacitly accepted by the Client.
If the damages were found after the customer’s drop off, Autovia is obliged to inform about it the Client by email with photos and the estimation within 30 days. The Client has to answer to the letter within 3 days otherwise the Lessor will charge the Client’s credit card with necessary fees.
- Can I drive the rented car abroad?
It’s permitted to drive in the following Countries: Germany, San Marino, France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Slovenia with an extra fee of 20€ per day.
11.Posso noleggiare gli accessori extra?
- Can I pick up a car out of working hours time?
Out of hours delivery/collection service is available for 30 EUR per service. In case the time of pick up is after midnight the service is available for 50 EUR. The service is on request.
- Would you like to make a claim?
You can write us the claim to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please, put the number of your booking or rental agreement number as the object of the mail.
Italin Transit Rules:
In Italy it is Mandatory to drive on the right side of the Lane.
Local Rules for road circulation:
– It is forbidden to use the Clackson in urban areas, except if strictly necessary
– Cell phones can be used only in handsfree mode or…
– In the cities there are areas of historical relevance in which it is not possible to transit with cars. We invite you to search for “Zone a Traffico limitato” in each location.
– Urban Areas: 50 km/h (31 mph)
– secondary urban streets: 90 km/h (56 mph)
– Highways: 130 km/h (80 mph)
– Urban high ways: 70 km/h (44 mph)
– extra urban streets – freeways: 110 km/h (70 mph)
Any variations will be indicated by the street signals.
In case of extreme meteorological conditions further variations may be indicated by street signals.
Baby/Child Seats – safety belts
It is mandatory for all passengers to wear seat belts inside the vehicle.
Children weighing les dan 9 Kg must travel in baby seats directed to the back of the car and placed exclusively in the back seats.
Children under 12 years and of a Hight inferior to 135 Cm must travel on dedicated child seats or boostes.
Attention: the right positioning of the child/baby seats or boosters are responsibility of the parents/holder of the booking
Attention: information here reported is merely indicative. We will keep this information as updated as possible but we suggest to verify them before driving in the country. In case you decided to rely solely to these information, it will be completely on your responsibility.